BRITISH DORPER SOCIETY
The Dorper has the potential to be the leading sheep breed within the UK
For sale and wanted Dorper advertising which can include smartphone responsive telephone numbers.
Register your stock on the most visited online Dorper sheep reference in the UK and become a member.
The Dorper and white Dorper are a relatively new breed to Great Britain.
Originally developed in South Africa the breeds quickly spread to all continents making their mark in the USA, South America, New Zealand, Australia, Europe and Asia.
Every spring they shed their wool so require little maintenance for flystrike, and they rarely become cast (stuck on their backs).
The Dorper gallery
Dorper and white Dorper sheep, Dorper rams, Dorper ewes and Dorper lambs.
Brickhill Doodle Dorper x3
Dorper Wiltshire Horn Cross
Why become a member?
Only current paid-up members are entitled to register their stock and sell as purebred
Dorper and white dorper sheep or their relevant cross-bred status.
MEMBERSHIP – THE BRITISH DORPER SOCIETY
The Society is the official representative and pedigree registration resource for Dorper and White Dorper Sheep in the United Kingdom, setting the UK’s breeding rules.
- The British Dorper Sheep Society is a member of the world-wide Dorper society.
- Provides information on developments and news in a biannual newsletter.
- Holds a Society AGM to which only Dorper Sheep Society members can attend.
- The AGM sets the UK breeding rules.
- Only current paid-up Members are entitled to register their stock.
- Only current paid-up Members can sell stock as purebred Dorper & White Dorper sheep or their relevant cross bred status.
Looking for information on Dorper Sheep?
When purchasing pedigree stock always check that the animal matches the details on the certificate - if no certificate is available take note of all ear numbers and contact the Registrar to check if the animal is registered before you purchase.