Membership and Fees
The Society is the official representative and pedigree registration resource for Dorper and White Dorper Sheep in the United Kingdom, setting the UK’s breeding rules.
- The British Dorper Sheep Society is a member of the world-wide Dorper society.
- Provides information on developments and news in a biannual newsletter.
- Holds a Society AGM to which only Dorper Sheep Society members can attend.
- The AGM sets the UK breeding rules.
- Only current paid-up Members are entitled to register their stock.
- Only current paid-up Members can sell stock as purebred Dorper & White Dorper sheep or their relevant cross bred status.
Fees and Forms
The British Dorper Society
£12.50 from 1st May part year
£30 from 1st August for the
extended period of 14 months
Male lambs (pure bred) must be either birth notified or fully registered by the time they reach 6 months old.
Pure bred registrations: £10.00
Cross bred registrations: £5.00
Birth notify pure rams: £2.00
Upgrade Birth Notified Animals: £8.00
Imported animals and embryos: £15.00
Forms & Fees to be sent to:
When purchasing pedigree stock always check that the animal matches the details on the certificate - if no certificate is available take note of all ear numbers and contact the Registrar to check if the animal is registered before you purchase.